Saturday, May 24, 2008

Condor flute

A few days ago I got my Condor base flute (in D) from High Spirits. I had already a Golden Eagle in F#. A very nice flute, this condor - a nice very deep sound. A bit more difficult to play perhaps, because of the rather large holes. I can recommend this flute!

I have tried to make some flute recordings on my computer. This went rather well, but for the mic quality. Now I did use the build in microphone, the result was such that I feel it worthwile to get a better microphone. I used a freeware, audacity, which is good at least to start with. Not too complicated for a beginner in this business like myself, who is not prepared to put a lot of money into technical equipment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Gerard,

Discovered your posts on the Flute Portal. Thought, that sounds like a Dutch name. Followed your info.
You are Dutch. Funny, so am I.
You moved to Sweden. Strange, so did I, just a month ago.
You play the NAF. Yes, I certainly do.
Those are some far-fetched coincidences already.
Then I searched for your name on Facebook and found this blog.
You are a minister. So am I!
This can't be... :)

It seems we might have some things in common... :)

OK, here's my blog: muires.wordpress.com